Monday, October 30, 2006

Podcast Stuff

Quickly, as I enter the home stretch and test the patience of colleauges this busy Sunday afternoon, I tour and summarize:
Odeo is another site I'll explore further as the year progresses. It's awesome that you can create your own podcast and get it published! Maybe someday...Meanwhile, I chose to listen to a discussion between Arianna Huffington & Nora Ephron on "What Drives Women Today?" Key to becoming your best woman is to identify your inner critic and "get rid of this bad roommate". Inspiring and funny. (I know, not library, but hey.)

The podcast search tools are all quite different in their layout and organization. And searching features. Picked to explore:
KCET Podcast: ALOUD at the Central Library at Podcast.net, Listened to the discussion of "The Coming Reformation of Islam" between Reza Aslan and Jack Miles.
Open Stacks at Podcast Alley. I ended up only subscribing to the RSS feed as this search tool required me to download softward on the public computer I was using, which I coudn't do. Another later exploration.
NPR: Books atYahoo! Podcasts. I like the forwarding feature. Wasn't interested in some of the reviews. PS - nice ads. :-
I think each will prove valuable going forward.

No comments: